One of the most important aspects of your sleep is your environment. Whether it’s the temperature, your mattress, lighting, or even the smell! One of our favourite nightly rituals is setting the sleep mood by adding scents that naturally aid us in snoozing:
- Lavender - Probably the most known scent for sleeping but for a reason! Lavender aids in reducing anxiety, stress and insomnia.
- Bergamot - Aids in calming down the nervous system by lowering your blood pressure and heart rate.
- Peppermint - A calming aroma that relaxes muscles when applied as a balm or oil and can aid in reducing anxiety. Peppermint prepares your entire body for a deep sleep.
- Sandalwood - With a slight sedative effect, Sandalwood is one of the best essential oils for sleep apnea.
- Ylang Ylang - Highly potent with a fruity / floral scent, Ylang Ylang helps reduce anxiety and regulate blood pressure.
Add scents via diffusing essential oils, candles, or utilizing body oils/sprays. For the best results, use natural essential oil based products.
Learn more about the Perfectly Snug Smart Topper: