Perfectly Snug Controller App
Remote Control on Your Phone
The Smart Topper is recommended to be setup and controlled using the ‘Perfectly Snug Controller’ App.
The Smart Topper is best used when connected to your home WiFi, but it can be operated connected directly to your phone or even with no phone by using the buttons in the side of the Smart Topper.
Installing and Updating the App
Visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and search for "Perfectly Snug Controller". Select the app and touch Install.
Occasionally, there may be updates to the App. If you setup your device to automatically update Apps then you don't need to do anything. Otherwise, you may need to check periodically for an update.
Using the Smart Topper Without the App
Without the App or WiFi connection you will be able to:
- start the Smart Topper by pressing the up/down bedside buttons.
(All three phases of the night will be set to the same level and it will run for 10 hrs.)
- turn off or stop the Smart Topper by turning the power switch off.
This functionality, while basic, will still provide the sleeper with improved sleep quality and a good experience with the product. However, it is better to have access to the full functionality through the App.
After you have setup your Smart Topper with the App, you will not need the app often. Simply use the buttons on the side of the topper to make temperature adjustments.
This is the main screen you will use to set your temperature preferences.
1. Each side of the Smart Topper can be controlled by touching one of the icons on the top left. The selected side will show in blue.
2. The bed goes through three sequential phases during the night: Start, Sleep, and Wake. Each phase may be separately adjusted by touching the line and sliding it up and down. The number displayed indicates levels of cooling or warming. Cooling is indicated in blue, warming in orange.
3. Once the desired levels have been set, touching the grey Run Button will initiate operation of the Smart Topper and the button will change to blue. The motion of the arrow in the button indicates what the topper is doing: upward motion is heating, downward motion is cooling.
If the Smart Topper has scheduling enabled (see Settings), then it will begin operating automatically at the preset bedtime.
4. The progress of the operation cycle of the air-conditioned Smart Topper is shown by the orange bar located near the top of the graphical display.
5. When the bed is running the Run Button shows in blue and the chevron moves according what the bed is currently doing (downward blue for cooling, upward orange for warming).
6. You can access the Settings Screen by touching the gear icon in the top right, where various parameters of the bed operation may be set, including scheduling.
1. Each side of the bed has its own Settings parameters. Select the side of the bed you want to edit by touching one of the bedside icons before making any entries.
2. Touch the Information icon in the top right to navigate to the Information Screen.
3. The “Name” of your Smart Topper, as entered during setup, appears at the top-center of the screen.
4. "Schedule Enable" engages the automated start and stop of operation.
5. There are two Bed Times and Wake Times that can be set. Days displayed blue are active for the times shown above the day icons.
6. Start and Wake Duration correspond to the length (in minutes) of the Start and Wake phases on the Overnight Screen.
7. Engaging "Quiet Mode" limits the maximum blower speed to 50% during the Sleep and Wake phases. Choose this if you do not require a lot of cooling.
8. The Foot Heater has three levels. Level 0 is off.
9. Speaker Vol controls the volume of the audible feedback when the bedside buttons are used. Level 0 is off.
10. Touch "CONFIGURE WIFI" to display the screen for connecting your Perfectly Snug Smart Topper to your home WiFi network.
11. Touch “SWITCH TO OTHER BED” to change the Smart Topper controlled by the App. Use this when you have multiple Smart Toppers.
When your Smart Topper is not connected to your home WiFi, the App will switch your phone to a WiFi network created by the topper named your topper's Serial Number, similar to PS123456, Your phone may ask you if you want to join PS123456 and you need to agree to join.
You can control your Smart Topper using this PS123456 network, but it is best to connect the Smart Topper to a home WiFi network using this screen.
1. If your Smart Topper is not connected to a WiFi network “not connected” will be displayed, otherwise your Network Name will be displayed.
2. To connect your Smart Topper to WiFi, select the name of your home WiFi network and enter your WiFi password. Be careful to enter your password EXACTLY. The password is CASE sensitive.
3. If your home WiFi network doesn’t appear in the drop down list then touch the “REFRESH NETWORK LIST” button. If it still does not appear in the list there is an issue with your WiFi network. It may be that your WiFi network signal is not strong enough where the topper is located. Note that the Smart Topper can’t connect to a 5 GHz WiFi network.
4. Click "CONNECT" to have the Smart Topper connect to the WiFi Network you selected and entered the password for. Your network name will display in 1 if successful.
The Setup Screen is displayed when you first open the App or when the App is not able to find your Smart Topper on WiFi.
This screen allows your phone to connect directly to your Smart Topper on a special WiFi network named the Serial Number of your Smart Topper, like PS123456. It is password protected.
Once you have connected your topper to your home WiFi network, this page will not come up.
1. You can find the Serial Number, Password and QR Code printed on the label at the head of your Smart Topper. Use the camera on your phone or tablet to take a picture of the QR Code on the label and the fields will be automatically filled. Alternatively, enter these values on the screen. Note that case is important.
2. You can give your Smart Topper a name, in case you have more than one topper in your house.
3. When you have entered this information, press “SAVE SETTINGS” and your phone or tablet will switch to PS123456. The App will then display the Overnight Screen. You can then navigate to the WiFi Screen and connect your topper to your home WiFi.
4. The “CHOOSE ALTERNATE TOPPER” button leads to a screen where you can choose to connect to a Smart Topper that was previously connected to your phone.
The information screen will not be used often (or maybe ever). This screen provides a way for you to send diagnostic data to Perfectly Snug in the case you are having troubles with your topper. Please contact email@example.com before sending data. The data sent contains only technical diagnostic data and no personal information. Perfectly Snug has no access to your Snug Topper unless you initiate sending the data.
The screen also allows navigation to the Firmware Update Screen.
Firmware Update Screen
The Perfectly Snug Smart Topper has Firmware (software) that can be updated only upon your initiation. Firmware updates may be available from time-to-time and these could fix minor issues or improve the product. Only update the Firmware if advised to do so by Perfectly Snug service.
Updating the firmware requires that you press and hold a bottom button for 10 seconds on the bedside controls.
Follow the instructions on the screen to initiate the firmware update.
Adding and Removing Additional Toppers
If you have more than one Smart Topper that you want to control using your phone or tablet, then you can add, remove or switch to additional Smart Toppers by pressing the “SWITCH TO OTHER BED” button on the Settings Screen and follow the instructions there.
Holding the top button down for 10 seconds while the topper is powering on will cause a factory reset, where the software originally loaded when the Smart Topper was manufactured will be reinstated. This should only be done at the direction of Perfectly Snug service support.